On Aug 20, 2012, I took the crank down to Center Automotive machining, for repair.
With this lull, I prepared parts for painting.
We had D&S mix up paint to match the original green.
Ed Mayer shot the paint.
I prepared an old case to use for transporting and painting the engine.
The parts came back:
I took the center main cap and thrust washers down to center for machining.
Decided to do the radiator shroud and engine mounts:
I painted the engine mounts with POR 15
I am going to have Ed paint the shrouds, I will clean/flush the rad, and then reassemble. When the crank comes back – better than new! – we can put the bottom together, mount the motor on the old case, and Ed will paint.
We will mount the motor on the trans, the rad on the motor, and put it all back together.