May 4-25 2015: progress, innovation, and found object engineering!

when I was a bit younger...
when I was a bit younger…

On the 18th, Brad came over, and we looked into our oil leak.

We determined that the primary cause was the (open) crankcase vent, and obtained a PCV value and tubing.  As a location, we chose an open area  on the cross member, near the master cylinders and vent.  After looking for a catch can, I found an unused soap dispenser.

new catch can
new catch can

In place (sans tubing and bracket)

in place
in place

(We term this ” found object engineering” )

On Memorial Day, Allen came over.  We adjusted the rear brakes.

adjusting the rears
adjusting the rears

And set the ride height a bit higher (Hi-LO adjustable suspension struts).

setting ride height
setting ride height

We took it for a test ride – all well!

new ride ht
new ride ht

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s