11-30 July 2017: on the ground at last!

new front brakes

In the last two weeks of July, we finished the brakes and lowered Mini onto the floor.

On the 15th, Allen and I made progress on bleeding, but ran into an issue.

The weekend of 22-3 was very social, and on the 26, Brad and I made (mostly Brad) progress on the brakes: assembled and bled.

The 26th was local Brits, and we had great cars, for example:

classic British!

Allen and I mounted the wheels, but found the jack’s reservoir was empty.  I filled, and on Sunday 30 July, I pressured the tyres, and lowered the car to the floor, and torqued the wheels.

Next: drive!

New look wheels!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s